sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Improving the SKS development model

From: Jason Harris
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Improving the SKS development model
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:50:46 -0400

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 05:40:04PM +0000, Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:
> Yaron Minsky writes:
>
> > Wow!?? You've been working hard.?? Your repo contains 30-some patches
> > consisting
> > of 3k lines of diffs!?? Are you proposing pushing all of that to the
> > mainline
> > tree?
>
> No most of them are old commits in other branches that I did while
> finding my way around mercurial and preparing the other patches that you
> already included some months ago.  But I don't know enough about
> Mercurial to hide them.
>
> The only interesting patches are word index patch (977e38781686) as well
> as a tail recursion fix (c67b2f226c24), the two last commits.  I still

To keep unwanted history out of one's repo., specify the changeset(s)
when pulling from remote repos:

  %hg clone https://sks-keyserver.googlecode.com/hg/ sks
  %cd sks
  %hg pull http://www.kim-minh.com/hg/sks#977e38781686  <-- optional
  %hg pull http://www.kim-minh.com/hg/sks#c67b2f226c24
  %hg push

Then just continue to selectively import patches found via:

  %hg in http://www.kim-minh.com/hg/sks

Without the selective pull(s), you still arrive at version c67b2f226c24,
but also copy/preserve all of K-M's intermediate work, get the multiple
heads "problem," and clutter the commit log with entries you don't care
about (unless you use "hg log -f").

> have some other commits in a private repository but I do not thing they
> should be published (except may be a reverse signature index but I have
> to investigate more first).

Sounds cool, mind putting it in your repo. somewhere?

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
address@hidden _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/