sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:57:19 -0500

I like the idea of following the FHS, but I have some requests.  I'd
like it to be easy for someone to set up the old behavior, so that
people currently using SKS don't have to update their setups.  One way
of doing this would be to have a flag, say "-fhs", that enables the new
behavior.  Perhaps using the fhs should be the default, so people using
the old system should be forced to add "-nofhs" to their list of
settings.

The second thing is that this patch should include some modifications to
the README as well.

All told, this looks like a good move.  SKS's setup has always been a
bit hacky.  Now the only thing left is to get some init scripts set up
and have the logging automated out of the box.  Actually, SKS already
does do a close/open cycle on SIGHUP, so it should be quite easy to set
up logrotate...