sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] sipwitch 1.7.1 being released

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] sipwitch 1.7.1 being released
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 07:15:08 -0400

I completed a new srv resolver plugin for sipwitch and a new resolver
plugin api to support it. We used a plugin because we are using libruli
for srv lookups, and it has a lot of dependencies of it's own, so I
wished to make those all optional for sipwitch.  There are many
specialized use cases where sipwitch may be deployed where it never
needs to do an exteral lookup, and so there is no need to carry all that
baggage in the default server.  This is already true for sipwitch
zeroconf support, which is a plugin so that the default server image
need not depend on avahi client libs even when zeroconf is not being
actively used.

The new sipwitch srv resolver plugin is being released today as part of
sipwitch 1.7.1. In fact both antisipate and sipwitch will both support
srv lookup now, and both can also successfully find each other with
zeroconf on local subnets, which is part of our goal for
auto-configuring sip services.

In the case of antisipate, zeroconf and srv lookup are expected to be
normal or default services, and anyway it is likely to be deployed on
desktop machines rather than also supporting deeply embedded routers, so
having them built-in to the client is not as big a deal.  However, we
may look at going to plugins in the new client too in the future...