sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Fwd: Re: Sipwitch Secure,P2P

From: Lee Azzarello
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Fwd: Re: Sipwitch Secure,P2P
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:12:12 -0400

I second that. Please don't confuse people any more than they already
are. I started evaluating sipwitch over a year ago and even got a call
to go through it. Problem was it can't do NAT traversal for media, so
it's not P2P. It also has no English documentation on the XML
configuration options. I had to read the source code to determine
allowed XML.

I suggest you take the approach of Daniel-Constantin Mierla, the
Kamailio author and if you wish to describe it in terms of Skype
describe it as a "super-node". I think the following is much clearer
than "SIP is a P2P protocol".

Skype-like Service In Less Than One Hour

"By using open source and open standards you can build your own
Skype-like service pretty easy. With this tutorial I am showing how to
do it by using SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) - well known open
standard protocol in Voice over IP world - by running Kamailio SIP
server in the role of “Skype authentication server and super-node” and
Jitsi in the role of “Skype client-side application”."

http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:skype-like-service-in-less-than-one-hour

Regards,
Lee