sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Interface Does Not Accept 0.0.0.0

From: Patrick R McDonald
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Interface Does Not Accept 0.0.0.0
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 13:50:32 -0400 (EDT)

> That is an interesting question.  Offhand, the bind (interface) address
> is passed to eXosip_listen_addr (stack.cpp:#710), so perhaps it is
> hanging inside there?
>
> Incidentally, if you use "*", or "::*", or even "::0", it converts to
> NULL,
> and is passed to eXosip_listen_addr as NULL.  So my guess is that it is
> not
> handling any passed or valid interface bind addresses, and not just that
> one.
> The eXosip code is rather convoluted as to how an address string is
> finally
> made into a socket bind call, so I really do hope it is not stuck
> somewhere in
> there :)....

I tested it with a standard IPv4 address (127.0.0.1).  It bound correctly
to that.  I will test it with a valid IPv6 address later this afternoon
and let you know the results.

> But I will have to investigate this a bit later today or Monday.
>
> This could also be posted as a bug on our new bug tracking system :).

Awesome.  I will add it and these emails to the bug system.

> I also spent last week better organizing and standardizing the way
> documentation can be done on the wiki...

Cool.  I am working my way through the various parts of the sipwitch.conf
file so I understand what they all mean.  I will look to add them to the
wiki later this week as well.

Thanks,
Patrick