sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Public sipwitch server handling calls between exten

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Public sipwitch server handling calls between extensions behind router
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 23:16:52 -0400

This is the reason it has been suggested by some that sipwitch should
become a "local" sip mediator and even desktop user daemon.  The idea is
that we can probably fix NAT issues (and other aspects of some broken
sip clients) by mediating their connections through a local sipwitch,
thereby solving it in one place, and then use sipwitch as a kind of
local proxy for everything else, rather than extending different clients
directly.  If that means sipwitch does stun or ice on behalf of the
local client connections behind it, and some smart things with media
proxy such as remapping to symmetric rtp, this may certainly be
possible.  I have tried to keep the sdp rewrite and media proxy code
rather simple so that it can be experimented with for such development,
as well as entirely automate subnet and network routing detection.