Re: [Simulavr-devel] OS X compile attempt

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] OS X compile attempt
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 14:06:33 +0200

On 14 April 2011 15:23, Tim Barrass <address@hidden> wrote:
> Error: SWIG version >= 1.3.18 is required.  You have 2.0.2.  You should look
> at http://www.swig.org

Wow, the message look really weirdly incorrect. Seems like a bug in
the feature test macro.

We happen to be a patch for that [1]. Its early version was dismissed
because at least Ubuntu 11.04 [2] is still shipping SWIG < 2.0. The
newer patch seems to upgrade to fixed autoconf macro and probably
solve the problem.

However I do not understand autoconf well enough to be comfortable to
commit nontrivial changes like this. (I tried to learn it but gave
up.)

Maybe another commiter can review the new patch?

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30584
[2] http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=swig

--
Petr Hluzin