Re: [Simulavr-devel] patch: make bootstrap suggest a separate build dire

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] patch: make bootstrap suggest a separate build directory
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:58:13 -0700

On Tue Jun 16 15:31 , Onno Kortmann  sent:

>I think more docs is good, but IMO it should be rather part of the
>
>'configure --help'
>
>output. Consider that people may one day not check out from CVS
>but use a source .tar.gz instead.

I'm not trying to add more.
I'm just trying to fix a bad doc.
As-is, bootstrap finishes with a direction to run ./configure .
To me, that should be fixed.

It's not clear to me that building in the source
directory should necessarily be allowed.
The possibility doesn't bother me,
but I think that it should not be a goal.
It certainly should not be made to seem a requirement.

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden