Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx plugin interfaces

From: Onno Kortmann
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx plugin interfaces
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:18:34 +0200

Hi,
Am Montag, 13. August 2007 15:57 schrieb David Carr:
> As far as I can tell there are two mechanisms to simulating hardware
> outside the device – C++ modules like the lcd and modules written in
> another language that connect via some sort of network socket.  Does
> anyone have any more example code or documentation that they can share
> regarding these two mechanisms.  One thing, I’d like to know for example
> is how to actually “hook-in” a module like the lcd module I saw in the
> source directory.  I gather that its probably done via the scripting
> interface but that’s all I’ve got so far.
Well, I wrote a short patch for simulavrxx a while ago that allows it to
interface with icarus verilog.

This way, any plugin you write is more general and can be used by any code
that can be plugged into icarus. I think it is a bad idea if every uC
simulator comes with its own set of reinvented LCD modules etc.

The patch still needs alot of testing, though! :-)

Greetings,

Onno