Re: [Simulavr-devel] How do you run simulavr ?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] How do you run simulavr ?
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:39:35 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Marko Panger wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Sorry, this might be a little of topic...
>
> I would like some hint on running Insight with simulavr. In fact it is a
> little bit strange to exit Insight and to lost the workspace
> (breakpoints, watches,...)  everytime I have to re-compile my code. Is
> there any other way to reload the elf file in Insight without
> disconnecting from simulavr ?

I don't use insight, but I think you might be able to add something like
this to your .gdbinit file:

  define reload
    kill
    file $arg0
    target remote :1212
    load
  end

Now you just recompile, then run the newly created 'reload foo.elf' command.

There's probably a better way to do it, but that's what came off the top of
my head.

Let me know it that works for you.

Ted Roth