Re: [Simulavr-devel] Clock cycles

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Clock cycles
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:44:43 +0200

Andreas Schwarz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to compare the speed of different FFT implementations. Is there a
> way to display the number of clock cycles a program has been running in
> the simulator? I'm using gdb 5.3 with simulavr from CVS (03-07-29).
>
> Andreas

I wrote a simulator which is able to give out a trace where you have the
needed time in us for each step. There is no config file today to set up
speed and cpu clock but you can simply set the speed inside the code.
The clock is correct, eeprom needs multiple cycles and branches take two
or
three cycles and so on. I think that can help you.

If you need that version I can send you the source.
Alternativly I can do the traces for you :-)

I am not online every day, so if you answer me, give me a bit time to
react :-))

Bye
    Klaus