Re: [Simulavr-devel] Clock cycles

From: eban
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Clock cycles
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

--- Andreas Schwarz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to compare the speed of different FFT
> implementations. Is there a
> way to display the number of clock cycles a program
> has been running in
> the simulator?

I wanted to do the same some time ago. I extended the
communication protocol between simulavr and
simulavr-disp to include information about the clock
cycles and the number of instructions executed (to
compare how close is the performance to 1 MIPS / 1
Mhz).

If you are interested I could send you a patch, in
that case I would create it this night.

> I'm using gdb 5.3 with simulavr from
> CVS (03-07-29).
>
> Andreas