silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] [smc-discuss] Summer of Code , REST Infrastructure f

From: Nithin Saji
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] [smc-discuss] Summer of Code , REST Infrastructure for Silpa-Flask
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 23:05:27 +0530

Hello everyone,

I had planned to do this last year and had  some confusion regarding the the "REST" part of the api. Almost all modules only offer two or three functions  which would require only a POST request.
 We won't need PUT,GET,DELETE for  any of the modules. So isn't it better if we rewrite the JSONRPC view class for a http api format instead of going for a full fledged RESTful extension whose features we won't use anyway but ends up  adding more dependencies  and extra cruft to the codebase ?

Also if I am guessing, all routing rules should reside within silpa-flask app and you will have to go for a  consistent api for all modules like `.../api/module/method` and rest of the request as post data. You should be able to impliment this with a rewrite of JSONRPC module and  the routing for it.

Nithin