silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] [smc-discuss] Summer of Code , REST Infrastructure f

From: Jishnu
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] [smc-discuss] Summer of Code , REST Infrastructure for Silpa-Flask
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:21:53 +0530

Hi,
I'm forwarding this mail to Silpa mailing list. Please join there.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Vijeenrosh PW Vijeen <address@hidden> wrote:
HI , Greetings to all ,

I have gone through the potential SoC Ideas for this year , and found  " Implementing REST infrastructure for Silpa-Flask " Intresting. I have previously worked with Flask , and Flask-Restful (flask add-on for RESTapi).  I have also gone through Flask-Silpa , setup locally , and understood the  JSONRPC mechanism providing de-coupling between front and back end.

Flask Restful also provide dynamic-api-url building , with statelesness it might be possible to achieve unique template.

The project description is very brief in the list , Please elaborate on the idea more so that expected results of project ( as well as advantages to be gained)  is more clear ,Which will really help to get accustomed with the project ( as soon as GATE 2014 is over by the end of this week) :)

I have done a trial of REST in silpa , which can be found here

https://github.com/vijeenroshpw/silpatestwork/commit/ecb25397b90cb31b633d871d9def44699d1695ae

Happy Hacking
--
Vijeenrosh P.W