self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] postgres full text search

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] postgres full text search
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:11:52 +0530

I read an article yesterday which suggests that in the latest version they have implemented a full text search, for which the datatype should be changed to tsvector.  Transforming the datatype is also described in the article: http://www.linux-mag.com/id/5679

Dinesh, can you try testing this?  This will make us support very good text based search function.  Currently we are doing search only for the title and description field due to indexing limitations of postgresql so far.  this new feature I think appears in v8.3 onwards.

--
Nagarjuna G.
http://www.gnowledge.org/