self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] "My" Resources, and what about resources from ot

From: David Jacovkis
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] "My" Resources, and what about resources from others?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:49:24 +0200

Nagarjuna G. wrote:
> there is a hard line break
> was added by cut and paste operation from a pdf file, and not an html
> file.   Should we write code to do this in the import script, and prune
> them all by search replace?
>
> This will cause a problem when the author intended an actual line break,

Hmmm this could cause more problems than it solves, since many documents out
there separate paragraphs using hard breaks instead of <p> tags. I guess the
ideal would be having this as a tool in the editor, like the "Remove formatting"
or "Cleanup messy code" funcions, allowing to select a piece of text and remove
hard breaks from it.

Cheers,
^dj

--