auto connect to screen and open a new shell?

From: Nils
Subject: auto connect to screen and open a new shell?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:37:28 -0500

Hey guys.
I am trying to get this working:
i open op a new terminal, which the opens my shell (zsh). I want the zsh to check if it is already inside of a screen session, and if it is not, to connect to one, and open a new shell in there.
essentially i would like i to do a screen -x, C-a c. I check if i am inside a shell with the STY variable, but i have not found a good way to connect while creating a new shell

Thanks,
Nils