Re: [Savannah-users] accessing git.sv machine

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] accessing git.sv machine
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:48:22 +0000

Okay, solved the problem. You are correct, I had different id_rsa keys
on the two machines (I thought that they were synced, between my
machines, but there are not, which is probably a good thing as it
happens).

I thought I might have got my pairs mixed up (so I had an unmatched
public/private pair), but that wasn't true. The, for me, unexpected
thing was that I *had* checked my public key against the only on
savannah on my work machine; and, indeed, they were the same, for the
first 60 or so characters. Rather a surprise to me; I assumed that
public keys were (effectively) random, and checking the start should
have been enough.

Anyway, all fixed now. Sorry for the time waste, and many thanks!

Phil

--
Phillip Lord,                           Phone: +44 (0) 191 208 7827
Lecturer in Bioinformatics,             Email: address@hidden