[Savannah-users] Taking over a dead project (mail-notification)

From: Stephen Kitt
Subject: [Savannah-users] Taking over a dead project (mail-notification)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 07:06:43 +0200

Hi,

Is there any way for a dead project to be taken over? I'm referring
specifically to the mail-notification project (mailnotify on Savannah) which
hasn't been updated in over three years and is now effectively maintained
using an ever-growing series of patches in various distributions. I'm the
unofficial Debian maintainer (see
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mail-notification.html>), but I also track
changes made to the Ubuntu and Fedora packages.

Obviously I could just host the project somewhere else but if it is at all
possible I'd rather use the existing project on Savannah. I've attempted to
contact Jean-Yves in the past six months or so but without success so far.

Regards,

Stephen (skitt on Savannah)