Re: [Savannah-users] Cookies and Savannah

From: Donn
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Cookies and Savannah
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:44:24 +0200

> Do you still experience the problem?
Yes. I have not been back to the site for at least a week, but it was very
hard to use it when I was trying to setup my account.

I got the feeling that there was a timer on the server and it gave me under 1
minute to submit any given page.
 For example when I tried to change the text that appears on the first page
(public data, I think they call it) I found that I had to write the text in
an editor on my side,  then login and *very quickly* paste it and submit it
on Savannah. If I typed the text into the boxes - and took some time - then
it would tell me I was not logged-in when I tried to save/submit the page.

This happens all over the place, leading to a feeling of panic as one must
rush through the site to get anything done.

To confirm - I am on Kubuntu 6.06. I tried both Firefox 1.5.0 and Konqueror
3.5.2. I Have cleared the caches on both and ensured that cookies are
acceptable from the Savannah domains. (gnu and nognu)
I also ticked the 'remember me' tickbox on the login page, but it never does.

> Can you tell me what your account name is so I can try to reproduce
> the problem?
I am a little reluctant to do this. Is it not a security issue? My project
name is "fontypython" or "Fonty Python", perhaps that will help you.

Thanks,
Donn.

   ------------Sceptic Snippets:--
Originally posted by Sackett: "Once you start believing in things for which
there's no evidence, where do you stop?" - James Randi Education Fund Forums