Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13238] Submission of Partager

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13238] Submission of Partager
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 00:19:54 GMT

Hi,

    http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13238
    http://85.65.55.38

Thanks for the info.  It sounds like something we can support.

Since you don't plan to use repositories or trackers or whatever on
savannah, what comes to mind is to switch the "license" field on
savannah to "website only" (why that is a license value and not a group
type, I don't know, but I'm not going to mess with that now).

I'm not sure if that setting would have any practical effect and also
can't remember what other projects are set up that way, but at least it
would give a signal that the other facilities aren't being used.

Shall we give that a shot and see if it suits?  Things can always be
munged around later if need be.

On the other hand, if all you want is a static name in standard DNS that
redirects to your existing web page, you could use
http://www.noip.com/free/ or some such service.  I'm guessing you
already know that and don't want to go there, but just thought I'd
mention it.  Admittedly that does send any signals about freedom :).

Best,
Karl