[Savannah-register-public] [task #3728] Submission of Database client fo

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3728] Submission of Database client for NGOs
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:36:47 +0000

         Should Start On:                         => dim 13.02.2005 à 00:00
   Should be Finished on:                         => dim 13.02.2005 à 00:00
             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GPL,
you need to place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at the
beginning of every file of source code.

In this case, you added licenses notices, but you need to place copyright
notices (see
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for
details). You also need to do this for SQL files and graphics, possibly in a
README file if it is inconvenient to place the notices directly in the
files.

In addition, please include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL,
available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into a file named
"COPYING".

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn why a
copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code, for example,
see

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Licensing under the "GNU GPL v2 only" is problematic.  Would you agree to
license your project under the "GNU GPL v2 or later"?

The reason for this is that when we publish GPL v3, it will be important for
all GPL-covered programs to advance to GPL v3.  If you don't put this in the
files now, the only way to port your program to GPL v3 would be to ask each
and every copyright holder, and that may be very difficult.

We can explain the issue in more detail if you wish.  If you have concerns
about "GNU GPL v2 or later", we'd be happy to address them too.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

This item URL is:

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3728>

  Message posté via/par Savannah