[Savannah-help-public] Re: Help on submissions.

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Help on submissions.
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:26:57 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for helping out!

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:03:04AM -0700, Leo Jackson wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler,
>
> I would like to help out I have checked the licensecheck.pl from Debian and
> foss I like them I would like to help check projects. I would like to
> possibly help code a better one for use on Savannah as well.
>
> I checked #8636  xannoy

OK. I think you're presenting a sample of how the tool would work,
right? Here's what I think:

> Checked:
> COPING GPLV3

Good

> Author Henrik Sandklef <address@hidden> in AUTHORS

This can help, if used to find inconsistencies in copyright
headers. Otherwise this doesn't need to be shown IMHO.

> NEWS Changelog README blank.

Optional I think.

> cli/main.c  (address((k))
> libxannoy/include/xannoy/xannoy.h (k)
>                         /xannoy_x11.h (k)
>                         /xannoy_session.h (k)
> libxannoy/src/xannoy_session.c (k)
>              /xannoy_x11.c (k)

Nice. There's also an inconsistency between the license in COPYING
(v3) and in the headers (v2).

> complete.
>
> Free Software Foundation
> 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
> Boston, MA 02110-1301
> USA

Yes, that's the new FSF address (though the new GPLv3 notice doesn't
include any address at all, only the web site).

> Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
> of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

This comes from the COPYING file. Is it necessary to note it?

> Leo Albert Jackson Jr
> Owner Head Programmer
> LJ's Electronics and Software

Can you start work on the tool now?

It would also be good to try to write a user-oriented answer for
project 'xannoy'.  The tool could produce such output.

Hear from you soon,

--
Sylvain