Re: [Savannah-help-public] License

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] License
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:41:56 -0500

    The license listed for rottlog is incorrect.  It says GPLv2 and later,
    but rottlog only allows GPLv2.

Well, that is a bad situation.  The savannah listing is minor in
comparison.  Since you are the maintainer, can you please contact the
original author and get permission to change it?  (Actually, we want to
release it under GPLv3+, as with all GNU packages.)

Lacking such permission, I am not sure if rms will accept it continuing
as GNU.  We don't even generally allow GPLvN-only packages to be hosted
on savannah in general.

Thanks,
karl