Re: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106531] Bazaar commit notification email

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106531] Bazaar commit notification emails omit large diffs
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:02:06 -0500

    Recently the FSF sysadmins have introduced a 40kB size limit for messages

Thankfully, the limit is larger than 40k, I still see and approve
messages over 100k.  The original message, from jag (07 May 2008
14:53:16 on savannah-hackers-public), said this:

> We have set on the MTA a hard limit on postings to lists.gnu.org.
> Messages with attachments greater than 200KB (before encoding to a 7bit
> representation) will be rejected.

I don't know if the limit was subsequently changed.  Also, I'm not sure
if the limit is really only on attachments; since log_accum.pl doesn't
generate attachments (does it?), seems like it wouldn't apply, and yet
we know for sure that too-large commit mails are being bounced.

karl