[Savannah-help-public] [support #103987] Can not commit/checkin my proje

From: Jim Parker
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [support #103987] Can not commit/checkin my project hompage
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:54:12 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, support #103987 (project administration):

Sylvain,

Here is a transcript of a typical attempt at trying to check-in my web page
files.  One thing I find strange it therdoes not appear to be much trafic
going out my home network (based on DSL modem lights ;-)

cvs ci -m "Initial version" index.html

Enter passphrase for key '/home/jparker/.ssh/ida_dsa':

Read from remote host savannah.nongnu.org: Connection timed Out

cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any
)

The thing that drives me nuts, is there are no error messages to indicate
what is going wrong.  My version of CVS  (Debian, stable, updated regularly)
does not accept the -t switch you suggested I use.

It usually takes from 10 to 20 minutes before the connection times out.  The
file in question is relatively small (only around a few kbytes ).

I use SSH to connect to my laptop the few times a actually use it.  The
network uses DHCP, so my known hosts has several host entries for the laptop,
plus one for savannah.

Comments and suggestions.

cheers,

Jim Parker