[Savannah-hackers] submission of combine: File Matching and Filtering -

From: dpv
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of combine: File Matching and Filtering - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:25:45 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Daniel P. Valentine <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: combine: File Matching and Filtering
System name: combine
Type: GNU

This is a project to produce utilities to work with files much as a database
works with its internal structures.  The engine is combine (as in the havesting
machine, but also nicely similar to join), which is the only portion written so
far.  It uses hash tables to join 0, 1, or many files to an incoming file or
data stream.  Additional features allow for hierarchy traversal, date
comparison (adapted from the Emacs calendar functions), and extensions through
Guile.  The current version can be found at
http://www.theWorld.com/~dpv/index.html  My current employer (The Gillette
Company) has approved its release (I wrote it on my own time).  There are
similarities in function to a program I contributed to in FORTRAN for a former
employer (which I had left more than 4 years before writing this version), and
I am confident that there is nothing here subject either to copyright or
confidentiality concerns.  Future direction for the project may include the
addition of indexing, special treatment of sorted files, adaptation of the new
Guile API, and auxiliary programs to increase ease of use.

Other Software Required:
Guile (libguile)

Other Comments:
I have submitted a description to the Free Software Directory.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/