[Savannah-hackers] Re: Volunteer needed...

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Volunteer needed...
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:29:14 +0100

Mark Davidson <address@hidden> said:

> I'd like to volunteer some of my spare time to the Savannah project.
> I saw your posting about needing someone, and thought I'd reply as
> I've been looking for ways to get involved in free software projects.
>
> How can I help?

A first step is to help us to handle support request. It mean that you
should read the Savannah documentation to understand to be able to
provide more information to users.

Subscribing to address@hidden and monitoring it in a first
time, replying to support request posted by mail (not via the support
tracker interface) in a second time.

Note that volunteering for GNU Savannah means accepting to pay
attention to what GNU consider importan when you are doing volunteer
work for Savannah. For instance, it is nice to refer to as GNU/Linux,
to emphasize the ideals of the Free Software movement, instead of
Linux, when talking about the OS.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |