[Savannah-hackers] Re: possible fix for sftp on Savannah; please try

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: possible fix for sftp on Savannah; please try
Date: 06 Oct 2003 22:38:37 +0200

Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> said:

> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 02:27:48PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >> I am back from the farm now, and have turned my thoughts to the problems
> >> of chrooting sftp.
> >
> >Hum, isn't it working since several weeks?
> >Several persons have tested and did not noticed any trouble.
> >
> >There is still the problem of sftp that does not read it's (ssh's one)
> >configuration file, is it related to that?
>
> I have a shell account on Savannah, and for the past few weeks sftp has
> not worked for me at all.

Well, such account should theoretically not use the script
sv_cvs.

Can you send the usual information (error message + command line you
typed)?

Apart from that, please do also your test with a non-privileged
account -- that's the kind of account we support.

> The errors always mention premature EOF on file descriptor 4.
>
> If you could install chroot-sftp.c, that would be a tremendous help in
> tracking down the problem.

Firstly, I would to know why the current thing does not work for you
while it works for me and while I was told by several others persons,
including arch users, that it works ok.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: