[Savannah-hackers] submission of Localization of mobile object - savanna

From: aurelien . coquard
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Localization of mobile object - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 08:59:49 -0400

Coquard Aurélien <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Localization of mobile object
System name: boatloca
Type: non-GNU

We are students in a school of engineer in telecommunications in Paris and
during our studies we have to make a complete software.

We have choosen to make a software that permits localization of mobile object.

In this project, one considers an application of observation of fishing
vessels. GPS co-ordinates of the boats are sent to intervals of regular times
and one is interested in deducing information on the movements of the boats:
for example, could a boat have been situated in a given zone Z at one given
moment T. The maximum speed of the boats is used to limit their movements and
one would like to introduce probability distributions to be able to assign a
weight to each possible movement of a boat between two GPS positions.

In a first approach we do not use real GPS but simulation of data. And our
software aims at beeing adaptable to any localization system.

We do not have written any line code so I can't give any URL.

I just can give an URL where one can find the complete description of the
subject in french:
http://www.infres.enst.fr/~bellot/BDL/2003-2004-T1.html#sujet13

Other Software Required:
none