[Savannah-hackers] Re: Uploading files

From: Annamalai Gurusami
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Uploading files
Date: 06 Oct 2003 15:22:44 +0530

Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:

> Annamalai Gurusami <address@hidden> said:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I am the owner of the 'ferment' project at savannah (very new project.
> > Still empty).
> >
> > Not having a web interface to upload files makes it all very difficult
> > for me to accomplish my task.
>
> Well, a web browse is not a convenient and secure tool to manage
> files.

I agree to the security part of that statement.  But then when I am
not going to write software (my project is going to be
documents/articles), a web interface is quite convenient and it is a
lot easier.

I don't have internet connectivity at home.  And the Internet Cafes
would not have the kind of software that this requires (ssh, cvs). [I
am in Bangalore, India].  And so my only bet would be my company
resource.  And I don't think my company sysadmin would be very much
willing to give me special access (or privileges).

Perhaps I would try a couple of times in the future.  But savannah,
didn't solve my problem, this time around.

Thanks for the quick response.

Rgds,
anna

--

Time-stamp: <2003-09-27 10:26:46 annamalai.gurusami>

Pth is a very portable POSIX/ANSI-C based library for Unix platforms
which provides non-preemptive priority-based scheduling for multiple
threads of execution (aka ``multithreading'') inside event-driven
applications.

http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/