[Savannah-hackers] submission of Multi-Body Systems Library - savannah.n

From: iinmgc00
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Multi-Body Systems Library - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 15:53:27 -0400

Manuel Gonzalez Castro <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Multi-Body Systems Library
System name: mbslib
Type: non-GNU

Multi-Body Systems (MBS) simulation is a technique that can be used to develop
and analyse almost any mechanical system: engineers use it in the automotive,
railway, aerospace and other industries to produce better products. In recent
years MBS technology evolved in powerful computer analysis software like ADAMS
(http://www.adams.com) or Simpack (http://www.simpack.de). But MBS comercial
codes are quite expensive, therefore education centers and small enterprises
can't afford them.

The purpose of this project is to develop a free, high-quality MBS simulation
suite. A free tool like this will benefit small enterprises, research groups,
education centers and engineering students.

Initially, the main developer will be the Mechanical Engineering Laboratory of
University of La Coruña (Spain). We are a research group with a solid backgroud
in the MBS field, more information can be obtained in our web site
(http://lim.ii.udc.es). We will invite other universities to join this project.

There is no source code yet, since the software is under design stage.

Other Software Required:
Name     URL                                License

libxml2  http://www.xmlsoft.org             MIT License

ATLAS    http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net  modified BSD

Boost    http://www.boost.org               Free Software

Other Comments: