[Savannah-hackers] ViewCVS

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] ViewCVS
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:22:37 +0200 (CEST)

Jaime E . Villate writes:
 > Hi Loic,
 > I have installed and configured ViewCVS in Savannah, and we could proceed to
 > replace WebCVS by it, but I would like the savannah-hackers to take a look at
 > http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/ and give me some feedback;
 > we also have to decide on another issue:

 I'll give it a shot and let you know. Cannot reach it at present, the
provider is down.

 > As we decided, I'm going to create a local copy of the log_accum +
 > commit_prep
 > scripts in subversions:/usr/local/cvsadmin. These copies will be synchronized
 > with those in the repository; what we should decide now is where in the
 > repository we're going to put them.
 >
 > Those two scripts are currently in cvsadmin/ in the old CVS repository, but I
 > think it would be better if they were transferred into the software
 > repository; either somewhere inside savannah or somewhere else, as in a new
 > directory cvsadmin. If they were in the software repository, they could be
 > retrieved using :pserver:address@hidden  In their current location they
 > cannot be
 > retrieved using that method. Where should I put them?

 I intentionaly left the cvsadmin where it was instead of creating a
project for it on Savannah. I assumed that the logical step would be
to submit the changes to the cvs maintainers so that it's included in
the next cvs version. That would reduce the long term maintainance. Since
those scripts are in the contrib directory of cvs, I also assumed that
a modified version would not be subject to endless discussions about style,
compatibility etc.

 If you don't want to go as far as that (which I personnaly understand
very well) then it would make sense to have the current cvsadmin visible
thru Savannah. However, since it's a Savannah specific change and not a
standalone project, it would make more sense (IMHO) to make it a subdirectory
of the savannah repository instead of creating a separate project.

 Cheers,