[Savannah-hackers] Re: working on README.cvs.html

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: working on README.cvs.html
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:37:05 +0100 (CET)

Luis Miguel Arteaga Mejia writes:
 > On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, address@hidden said:
 >
 > >  Could you please fill a support request with criticisms ? It will help
 > > improve the page.
 > > (http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=addsupport&group_id=11
 >
 > Its is me again.
 >
 > I downloaded and uploaded home.es.html. No problems.
 >
 > But how to checkout a file that is not in the root directory ?
 >

 > I have tried :
 >
 > cvs -z3 address@hidden:/webcvs/copyleft co /copyleft/copyleft.html
 > cvs -z3 address@hidden:/webcvs/copyleft/ co copyleft.html
 > cvs -z3 address@hidden:/webcvs co /copyleft/copyleft.html

 > All with no luck. Which is the right ?

 This one:

 cvs -z3 address@hidden:/webcvs co copyleft/copyleft.html

 In order to facilitate your work I suggest you run

 mkdir ~/www.gnu.org
 cd ~/www.gnu.org
 cvs -z3 address@hidden:/webcvs co .

 before going to bed. The next morning you'll have the whole web site on
disk (300Mb) and it will be very confortable to work with.

 cd ~/www.gnu.org/copyleft
 edit copyleft.html
 ... edit some more files ...

 cd ~/www.gnu.org
 cvs -z3 -q commit -m 'I did this'

 And read your mail until it finishes. When you come back after 3 weeks
of inactivity do the following:

 cd ~/www.gnu.org
 cvs -z3 -q update -d
 (update is a *lot* less expensive than an initial checkout)

 Note that whenever your are in a directory that was checked out, you can
omit the -d.....

     Cheers,