[Savannah-hackers] Volunteer

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Volunteer
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:47:55 +0100 (CET)

Kevin Everets writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I recently read a letter on LWN from RMS about Savannah requiring
 > additional manpower before it is able to host a large number of
 > projects.  He offered this address in order to volunteer, and thus I
 > am writing to you now.
 >
 > What is the TODO list?  How can I help?
 >
 > Thanks,

 Hi,

 Many thanks for proposing yourself. I include a generic answer at the end
of this mail with pointers that will allow you to figure out what the
situation is. If you can give me a description of your skills I will
be able to figure out where you could be more helpfull.

   Cheers,

--
       Hi,

       You are volunteering to do some work in order to enhance
savannah.gnu.org, the SourceForge clone dedicated to the GNU
project. Could you please check the current task lists at
http://savannah.gnu.org/pm/?group_id=11 and pick one that matches your
skills ? Non specialized skills are also appreciated, such as
proofreading the pages, testing various portions of the web site to
see if it actually works etc.

       If you think a new task should be created, please submit it thru
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group_id=11, with [new task] in the
subject.

       Should you want to change something in the Savannah web, please
proceed as follows:

       - checkout the web from https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=11
       - modify it
       - diff -c your changes