[Savannah-hackers] Problems registering 3diff

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Problems registering 3diff
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:07:30 +0100 (CET)

Mark H. Weaver writes:
 > Today I modified savannah/www/include/account.php to relax the login
 > name limitations, so that alphanumerics are now allowed as the first
 > character.
 >
 > 3diff has now mostly successfully registered on savannah, but there
 > are still some problems.  The web front-end seems to acknowledge that
 > he is a member of the www group, and he even has a home directory
 > /home/3diff with his ssh key in .ssh/authorized_keys.  However, he
 > does not have a line in /etc/passwd, nor is his login name mentioned
 > in /etc/group.
 >
 > Any ideas?

 The adduser program was refusing his name. I patched the sources, recompiled,
re-installed, destroyed 3diff related data, recreated them. All should be fine
now.

 See https://savannah.gnu.org/savannah.html#Savannah%20crontab

 See https://savannah.gnu.org/savannah.html#Sync%20of%20www.gnu.or%20on%20commit

 >  - How is the account creation and /etc/group update handled?  What scripts?

 See https://savannah.gnu.org/savannah.html#Users%20and%20CVS%20synchronization

 I checked and updated the document to make sure it answers your
questions. Let me know if something is still obscure.

   Cheers,