Re: [Savannah-hackers] website -> savannah migration and auto-updates f

From: Fernando Lozano
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] website -> savannah migration and auto-updates files
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:59:44 -0300

Hi there!

>      > There are at least two cases, /events.html and
>      > /server/new-software.html, where files are updated
>      > automatically by cron jobs in /var/www/.  I can't see anywhere
>      > that this has been addressed yet.  Have we addressed it yet?
>
>      It was not. I'm aware of this and I did a commit by hand from time to
> time.
>
> That is not a clean solution.
>
>      > Here's an idea:
>      >
>      >   Only templates and programs are actually stored in subversions' CVS
>      >   server.  That way, the generated HTML files would be basically
> "derived
>      >   objects".  They could be placed in the .cvsignore in the directories,
>      >   perhaps with a comment indicating what script generates them.  I
> could
>      >   make /events_template.html, which I would grab each night.
>
> I think this is the best way.

That idea would be nice for translations. Today, I fetch events.html and
new-software.html from time to time and translate to Portuguese. For
new-software, a translated template would be enough and I'd be free from
one task. But for events I'd still have to transate the generated HTML
file, unless sometone create a mecanism by which I can translate the
source for this information.

[]s, Fernando Lozano