[Savannah-hackers] Example needed

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Example needed
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 22:48:57 +0100 (CET)

Bonz writes:
 > Excuse me for the stupid question, but I never used
 > CVS and don't know how to use it.
 >
 > Suppose I want to move the gst-manual subdirectory
 > of the current directory (on fencepost) to the WWW
 > cvs for project smalltalk.  What commands should I issue?

 It's not a stupid question :-) I just added the following to the
CVS page.

<P><B>CVS Newbies</B>
<P>The CVS home page is at <a
href=http://www.cvshome.org/>http://www.cvshome.o\rg/</a>
and you will be interested by the <a
href=http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cv\s_17.html#SEC153>Quick reference to
CVS commands</a>. Using CVS is not complex
but you have to understand what is going on. The best way to start is to ask
a friend to show you the way.

  In your case I would do the following

  export CVS_RSH=ssh
  cd gst-manual
  cvs -d subversions.gnu.org:/webcvs import -m 'gst manual'
software/smalltalk/gst-manual gnu gst-manual-2-3-0

  And that's it. Well, you'll have to read the documentation to figure
out how all this actually works but I really recommend speaking to a friend.

    Cheers,