[Savannah-hackers] put under CVS: ~www/bin, /home/diffmon, non-OS-instal

From: Leonard H. Tower Jr.
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] put under CVS: ~www/bin, /home/diffmon, non-OS-install files ???
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 21:03:54 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Loic suggested I share this with system-hackers as well.

-len
From: Loic Dachary <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:53:32 +0100 (CET)
To: address@hidden (Leonard H. Tower Jr.)
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject: switch to CVS/Savannah

Leonard H. Tower Jr. writes:
 > Hi Loic,
 >
 > If you haven't already, it be wise to put much of ~www/bin and many of
 > the files in ~www/ under CVS.  Also all the non-automatically
 > generated files under /home/diffmon.

 That would be useful, indeed. However, I won't devote much time to the
evolution of the www.gnu.org CVS tree in the future and I hope webmasters
will take over. I'll do whatever is necessary to make the current setup
run smoothly but will not lead new efforts. The migration took a lot more
time than I first thought ;-)

 > Ideally, it be best to put all files that aren't part of the OS
 > install under CVS, if someone can be found to put in the time.

 Definitely, yes. I know a group of sysadmin working on at geocities-like
web site that do this for all their files, including system files. It helps
them a lot but it's a lot of work to make it work properly.