Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr post-commit email hook

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr post-commit email hook
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 21:58:36 -0500

Bob Proulx wrote:

> Yes.  Looks like bzr is logging to /var/lib/bzr/bzr-anon.log.  Which I
> think should be /var/log/bzr/bzr-anon.log instead.  I am going to make
> that change.  Will copy the logrotate over for the new location.

It's as you prefer. But you will need to edit
/opt/savannah/bin/sv_membersh as well, for the non-anonymous log.

>> Other relevant stuff I did from the old ChangeLog on mgt:
>>
>>       * [vcs]: `apt-get install locales'.  Generate only en_US.utf8,
>>       and en_US.ISO8859-1, leave system default as none (ie leave
>>       /etc/default/locale empty).
>
> Why en_US.ISO8859-1 and not en_US.UTF-8 as en_US.UTF-8 has become the
> standard these days?  Of course any admin using a different locale is
> free to set up one that is useful to them.  But by default only
> en_US.UTF-8 was set up on the new servers.

en_US.ISO8859-1 is what bzr needed, because Savannah gecos information
was stored in latin-1. See my comment in sv_membersh and the cited thread
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2013q3/075681.html .

If Savannah gecos has since changed to utf-8, then the bzr LANG line in
sv_membersh could be changed or removed.