Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr post-commit email hook

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr post-commit email hook
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 17:43:08 -0700

Glenn Morris wrote:
> PS I would also copy /etc/logrotate.d/bzr across.

Yes.  Looks like bzr is logging to /var/lib/bzr/bzr-anon.log.  Which I
think should be /var/log/bzr/bzr-anon.log instead.  I am going to make
that change.  Will copy the logrotate over for the new location.

> Other relevant stuff I did from the old ChangeLog on mgt:
>
>       * [vcs]: `apt-get install locales'.  Generate only en_US.utf8,
>       and en_US.ISO8859-1, leave system default as none (ie leave
>       /etc/default/locale empty).

Why en_US.ISO8859-1 and not en_US.UTF-8 as en_US.UTF-8 has become the
standard these days?  Of course any admin using a different locale is
free to set up one that is useful to them.  But by default only
en_US.UTF-8 was set up on the new servers.

Bob