Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Updating GNU contact information in Savann

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Updating GNU contact information in Savannah's wiki
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 22:48:53 GMT

Hi Assaf,

    Can you advise on the text below ?

Although it's always easier just to hack our wiki, I think it is better
in principle not to duplicate information, but rather to point to one
reference and make that be as good as it can be.

Your descriptions are accurate, but they are also already stated in
other places, primarily the maintainers guide -- not as well organized
as they could be, surely.

Thus, I propose adding what's missing to
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Getting-Help -> sending a
patch to maintain.texi to address@hidden
To that end, FYI, it's intentional that the "Getting Help" section is
arranged by "job -> mailing list", rather than "mailing list ->
description", per rms's general principles.

    Savannah administrators can help with technical matters ...

This paragraph ("Savannah doesn't do GNU admin tasks") is another item
for NotSavannahAdmins, certainly.

Thanks,
Karl