Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Investigating validation email issues

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Investigating validation email issues
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 21:26:29 GMT

      https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108914

It 99.9% likely got filtered.  gmail definitely considers our mail to be
spam, and it has always ended up in their normal spam folder before.
Why the user cannot find it, I cannot say.  It's beyond our control, in
any case.

    How can I track down such issues?

I don't know of any practical way to discern when it left our systems.
I mean, there are mail logs on fe and lists, but I don't know what
string could be searched for.

    How would I proceed to handle this one?

The only idea that I have is to activate the account manually, at
https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/userlist.php?user_name_search=GT9
It's pretty obvious it's a real person.  They've passed far more
stringent Turing tests than our captcha(s) :).   --karl