Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] coordination

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] coordination
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:18:52 -0400

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
>> > Yes, we weren't contacted about it (before or after this was posted or
>> > updated).  Coordination, coordination... :)
>> >

>> You participated on the thread with rms, karl and I where we decided on
>> this message to post, and the last time you said this I showed you the
>> message. I'm all for updating the message but I don't understand why you
>> are under the impression that you were not involved in choosing it.
>
> Well, it may just be me, I don't remember the Savannah hackers being
> told where this was placed, that is was placed, whether the contact
> should be 'campains' rather than 'savannah-hackers-public', or
> proof-reading the posted text.

We discussed it with you in October 2007 and then again in April of this
year. That discussion included the placement and the text that was to be
posted.

>> I recently referred Jeffrey Sites
>> (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2008-09/msg00019.html)
>> who was willing to do project evaluations. Has anyone followed up with
>> him?
>
> More exactly, you took the liberty to tell a volunteer interested in
> PHP development to help with project reviews, which he hadn't mention
> and didn't react to.  Which goes back to the original thread: there
> isn't mentoring support available right now for project
> reviewers. This hasn't been working so well, better look for
> alternatives.  I'm going to tell Steve about previously exposed plan B
> tomorrow, unless precise it more.

That's not what I did. I wrote to to Jeffrey asking if he would also be
willing to help with project reviews. I did not *tell* him to do
anything. When Jeffrey said he would also be happy to help with that, I
then followed up with SteveR on #savannah to pass that information on.

--
John Sullivan
Manager of Operations