Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] any need for a perl monger?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] any need for a perl monger?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:04:41 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 09:25:28PM -0400, Steve Dickinson wrote:
> I was just up on FSF.org and it said to email if interested in
> volunteering Perl skills for the cause.  What can I do to help out? I've
> been using Perl for over a decade at work and at play.
>
> Let me know!

Hi,

Thanks for the help, we need it :)

Currently we have a problem with moderating new projects because this
is time-consuming, and we're thinking it would be nice to (partially)
automate this, with a tool that would inspect source files, check for
good legal practices (license notices, copyright notices, license
compatibility, etc.) and other Savannah requirements. Both admins and
users could use it.

Would you be interested in writing such a tool?  Perl sounds suited
for this Extraction and Report task :)

> Also, will anyone from FSF be at the Ohio Linux Fest this year? I'll
> definitely be there.

I don't know about this, maybe ask #gnu on freenode?

--
Sylvain