savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [bugs #6583] password changing fails

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bugs #6583] password changing fails
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 06:20:13 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: Savannah.

[bugs #6583] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah
Submitted by: Tom Goulet
On: Sun 11/16/2003 at 09:22

Category:  Web Frontend
Severity:  5 - Average
Fixed Release:  DEV_2003-09-05_CERN
Affected release:  trunk

Original Submission:
I tried to change my password but nothing happened.  The "change your password"
page displays again and my password is not changed.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Fri 11/21/2003 at 11:55       By: yeupou
"The use of SSL seems less useful if a token that allows accounts to be
captured is sent plain-text"

No doubt about that, that's why it is planned in the future to always send
gpg-crypted password information.

But it is no effective right now.

Date: Fri 11/21/2003 at 11:11       By: Tom_of_GDN

Okay, I did that successfully.  Thanks  :-).  I'm suspecting that this has
something to do with the GNU/non-GNU separation, if that helps any...

Date: Fri 11/21/2003 at 10:57       By: yeupou
[WORKAROUND]
Please, do not share your password.

Other persons reported this problem but I cannot reproduce it easily. And with
the development version, no problem was reported.

The current workaround is to use the lost password process. Not logged in, you
can use that tool and no problem has been reported with it.

Date: Fri 11/21/2003 at 10:40       By: Tom_of_GDN
Yeah, I'm sure.  I've tried it six times now, once in Mozilla.  It always just
shows me the password changing field again.

This happens whether or not I enter the correct password.  I'll happily give
you my password by mail so you can fiddle with it.

Date: Fri 11/21/2003 at 09:42       By: yeupou
Apparently, there is a problem with the feedback message when you mistype your
original password.

Are you sure that you typed everything right?

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&amp;item_id=6583>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/