savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [bug #6060] savannah search wishlist

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bug #6060] savannah search wishlist
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:12:11 -0500

=================== BUG #6060: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=6060&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: dim 09.11.2003 à 21:12 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed
       Fixed Release |                           | DEV_2003-09-05_CERN

Now project/people are sorted alphabetically, item (bugs, support request...)
in reverse chronological order.

I'm not in favor of adding to many search option, which usually make the search
tool unusable for many users (too complex)

The possibility to choose the number of rows per page is available too now, so
basically giving a very high value permit to have all the result we can want on
a page.

For the total number of project matched, I do not really want to implement
that: it means that we would loose advantage of using LIMIT in the SQL command,
and at that point I think that we should be careful with the SQL server, not
giving him too big requests at once.

(note that this changes are only in the development branch of savannah, not
running in production)

=================== BUG #6060: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Signalé par: karl                     Projet: Savannah
Signalé le: lun 20.10.2003 à 02:15
Category:  Wishlist                   Severity:  5 - Average
Assigned to:  yeupou                  Status:  Closed
Fixed Release:  DEV_2003-09-05_CERN

Original Submission:  A few suggestions that would make savannah searches more
effective for the gnueval group (one of our major tasks is to look for existing
free software doing the same job as something submitted to GNU):

1) get complete list of projects in output, not just a page at a time.

2) alphabetical output as well as chronological.

3) report the total number of projects matched.

thanks.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: sam 08.11.2003 à 12:27        By: yeupou
Hi,

For the alphabetical search, it should not be problematic. However, looking for
the total number of project matches would require to make another SQL request,
since we use the limit SQL command, in order to avoid exhausting the server by
looking for too many results at once.

La liste CC est vide

Il n'y a aucun fichier attaché actuellement

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=6060&group_id=11

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/