savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [bug #5723] Bug searches fail?

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bug #5723] Bug searches fail?
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 08:13:35 -0500

=================== BUG #5723: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5723&group_id=11

Changes by: Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>
Date: Sat 11/08/2003 at 08:13 (America/New_York)

It still doesn't work for me :(.  Go to the GNU make bugs page, here:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group_id=71&func=detailbug&bug_id=827

Then click the "Bugs" radio button on the left sidebar.  Then enter "LOCALEDIR"
into the search box.  Then click the "Search" button.

When I do the above I get to the screen containing the full list of open bugs
again, _NOT_ the ones that contain my search  results... in fact it's not a
search results screen at all because it doesn't have that section at the top
which allows me to enter a new search.

Does this work correctly for you?

I'm using Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 based on Mozilla browsing engine 1.5.

=================== BUG #5723: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: psmith                  Project: Savannah
Submitted on: Fri 10/03/2003 at 18:06
Category:  Web Frontend               Severity:  5 - Average
Assigned to:  yeupou                  Status:  Open
Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  If I enter text into the search box and click the "Bugs"
radio button (you have to be in the Bugs section; I was doing this in the
"make" project), I see the following behavior:

  * If the term is something bogus that I wouldn't expect to be found, like
sdfdsfsdf, then it works properly: I get a search results page with a place for
a new search at the top and a message saying nothing was found matching my
string".  Great.

  * If the term is something I know does exist, like say "LOCALEDIR" or "VMS",
then I get tossed to the main bug reporting page and I get no results from my
search at all.

Help!!

Follow-up Comments

Date: Sat 11/08/2003 at 06:18       By: yeupou
This code has been replaced, it works now for me. But it should be more widely
tested once the dev branch will be online, so I let that bug open

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5723&group_id=11