savannah-dev

Re: [Savannah-dev] Postgres support

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] Postgres support
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:30:02 +0000

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:39:48AM +0000, Niall O Broin wrote:
> Is there any work bwing done on supporting Postgres in Savannah ? If so, is
> there any sense of a timeframe for a release ? If there was funding made
> available, would this help accelerate Postgres support in Savannah ?

What do you mean by "supporting Postgres in Savannah"? If you mean changing
the php scripts to accept either MySQL or PostgreSQL databases, yes we have
started working on it. If you mean using Postgres instead of MySQL in
savannah.gnu.org, we currently see no reason to do that change and we are
happy enough with the current MySQL database.

Regarding timeframes for realease, I'm sorry I cannot give you any since it
highly depends on how much free time we get on our volunteer work, after
attending support requests from Savannah users and handling project
approvals, for which it is hard to anticipate the work load we will have.

Funding could help if you can fund somene who is willing to work under our
supervision.

Cheers,
Jaime