rule-list

[RULE] other config info for PCMCIA/PCI1130 support

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [RULE] other config info for PCMCIA/PCI1130 support
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 15:48:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

just received it from a guy who made the same cardbus bridge
work.

Ciao,
Marco F.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Please send Linux config files for PCI1130 Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 14:30:42 +0100 User-agent: Mutt/1.5.3i
On 31 May 04, address@hidden (address@hidden) wrote:
> I just read on http://patter.mine.nu/thinkpad.html
> that you made the cardbus bridge PCI1130 work with
> kernel 2.4.
>
> May I ask you to send config files, kernel or boot
> options, *anything* to help me to make mine work (I
> have a NEC VERSA 6030x).

Well, you'll be pleased to know that you don't need any odd software
or kernel patches, just a regular 2.4 kernel and pcmcia-cs 3.2.5 (to detect
pcmcia card insertion). I'd certainly go for the most recent versions

Relevant kernel config options, add in support for whichever pcmcia cards
you have, I've attached my full kernel config file (2.4.26) in case you find
it useful (though many of the options will be specific to my laptop).

CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y

#
# PCMCIA/CardBus support
#
CONFIG_PCMCIA=m
CONFIG_CARDBUS=y
CONFIG_I82365=y

> Oh, since the NEC also has CT6550, the xfree86 config
> would also be very welcome!

I've attached my Xconfig, but you need X version 3.3 to use it.

--
Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
address@hidden  remove SPAM to reply

--- End Message ---